Haven't hit you with anything from my NorCal brothers in a little while so here's some recent-Humboldt-California-ish stuff. This one features some heavy hitters in terms of guys that have played in a zillion Humboldt bands. James who didn't remember me from way back when I was up there but who has since been a welcome addition to friends of Mustard Relics sent this to me a while back. My old bro and bandmate Jeff is featured here on drums. I'm not going to bore you with my limited knowledge of the band because they have a killer site with all kinds of info and links so that you can get to know Henpecker. You can probably still get this CD there. To be honest with you I don't even know if they're still playing, as the last gig they have mentioned was from June of last year. Maybe one of those guys will stop by and give us a heads up or if I had really prepared myself for this post I would have asked. Jeff told me a while back they were having trouble getting gigs because no one was really digging on them. Now this is not my usual cup of tea, even though my taste is varied, but I dig on these guys. To me I can definitely tell where they come from or at least would have been influenced by bands in the region. Kind of a folk old school country rock-a-billy thing going on but for some reason I hear the Cramps in them too. I don't know, don't take my opinion as anything else than words organized into sentences. Listen to the music instead. Blanket Rider and Gastro's are my faves (once again my opinion).
Blanket Rider New Pope BF Fargo Equals Zero Chicken Hawk Not In My Name Airports Meat Off The Bone Gastro's Omens Responsibility
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2oRkqiq84&w=560&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment