Thursday, April 9, 2009

Final Conflict (Minnesota) - Demo 1983

serial-killers Kim and I just got done watching a 10 part series on Serial Killers and I don't think I was right in the head for a few days.  Found this pretty wild painting.  Can you name them all? 74 He just looks like a tired old man now. Consider this part one of a two part post.  Greg of Voice Of Destruction had commented on my very old and very lacking DRI post, and had mentioned wanting to hear some Final Conflict as he had written to them back in the day.  Now there are two or three bands at least with that name so I had assumed it was the SoCal band that I was very familiar with.  While doing some research though I came across some really great stuff from the Minnesota band Final Conflict and not being sure which one he was talking about I decided to go with that on.  Expect the next post to be on the SoCal band because I went ahead and ripped their first LP real nice for you and came across their demo.  Now the Minnesota band is pretty scarce but I did find a little mention of them at the MNPunk site.  The tunes from the demo were not labelled very well, which I tried to fix, but there's still a lot of missing song titles.  Rock out with these and if you want a starting point go with track two my personal favorite (which is actually two songs).

 

Final Conflict 01-Self Defeated Final Conflict 02-Why Me/Rage And Frustration Final Conflict 03-Rage And Frustration Final Conflict 04 Final Conflict 05 Final Conflict 06 Final Conflict 07 Final Conflict 08-Ross Final Conflict 09 Final Conflict 10 Final Conflict 11 Final Conflict 12 Final Conflict 13 Final Conflict 14-Self Defeated finalconflict Looking around for more by these guys did not produce a whole lot of results but that doesn't mean it wasn't fruitful.  EDIT: Just a side note here.  I had this big long beautiful bit of writing here about the classic blogs providing so much to later ones like my own, but because of my crappy skills with HTML it was all squished up and deleted.  Rather than write all that again I will just say that I stold the rips for this 7 inch, they're only one,  from here and you can get much more info about it and the band from the classic 7 Inch Punk.  In the comments you can get first hand info about the band and get directed to even more info here.  Here's those ripped off rips.

 

In The Family The Lines Have Faded Your Self Defeated finalconflict_back EDIT: My buddy Erich over at Good Bad Music left a comment about the above rips and offered up his as a comparison.  Get those from him first hand here.  He makes quite a statement in that post that is well worth a read if you're into the whole dynamic that goes on with these music blog thing-a-ma-jiggies.  I think MR may fall into the category of blogs that are lacking but I totally recognize my short comings.  I don't pomise you anything more than a little bit of subjectively decent music along with my own opinion and maybe a little take on my boring life.  I'll say it again though Erich, thanx for the quality rips and allowing me to steal them so they can be posted here.  :D

 

In The Family The Lines Have Faded Your Self-Defeated lungcookies Looking further it turns out that they did some tunes on a comp record that you should really check out not just for this band but for the others as well.  The always awesome System Sabotage Chaos has the Lung Cookies comp for you here and I snatched the Final Conflict tunes from there for your listening pleasure, but they may just be the demo versions anyway.  Ask Curious Guy over there and be sure to tell him Mustard Relics sent you. Self Defeated Why Me/Rage And Frustration Ross

 

No comments:

Post a Comment