Sunday, April 5, 2009

Nazareth - Hair Of The Dog

04-05-09(1) 04-05-09(2) The old lady woke me up at 6am this morning to a little surprise.  We only got about 2 inches but first thing this morning in the dark, it was blowing around pretty hard and you could hardly see.  I gave her a ride to work because I don't like her driving when it's shitty out and I'm being nice to her because our anniversary is tomorrow.  ;-)  I was so tired that I couldn't understand why the head lights weren't working on the car (covered in snow and ice).  With the wind it's butt cold. nazareth-hotd Well Kim mentioned something about Nazareth's Hair Of The Dog, prompting Brian to request more cowbell, which Jeff thought was pretty funny, so here we are.  Definately a classic but not one they play on our local classic rock station enough.  In case you don't know what hair of the dog is, it's a drink the next day to help the hangover.  It actually works quite well.  I'll tell you when I made that a regular practice it was the beginning of the end for me as an alcoholic.  When you start drinking in the morning it's easy to go from being a functional alcoholic to just a plain old drunk.  When it got really bad for me I knew which liquor stores were open early and how far I had to walk or drive (or ride my bike after my truck was stolen).  Airpalne bottles, pints, fifths, multiple fifths a day, all day.  Certainly a low point in the loserdom I called my life and one I hope yall never have to suffer through.  Dig the song though. Hair Of The Dog Hair Of The Dog (single version) Hair Of The Dog (extended version) Hair Of The Dog (Live 2002) Hair Of The Dog (live 2007) Okay now you've heard Nazareth do it all kinds of ways, let's see who else can do it. Guns n Roses - Hair Of The Dog Warrant - Hair Of The Dog Britney Fox - Hair Of The Dog This one's my favorite version featuring Paul Di'Anno (Iron Maiden) on vocals. Michael Schenker's Heavy Hitters - Hair Of The Dog This version kills me, I can't tell if these guys are serious or not, either way it's pretty funny. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnGbMJitmQA&w=425&h=344] This one's just kinda cute. [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md7jnCfdZiI&w=425&h=344]

No comments:

Post a Comment