
Still not feeling right, it's a damn chemical imbalance in the brain and just kind of slow on getting things done like this blog. Years of abusing alcohol, I think got my brain used to that particular state in terms of how I operated and now left with just naturally occuring chemicals, I'm having to relearn how to function. You'd think that after almost four years of being clean things would have worked themselves out but I'm having to come to grips with permanent damage. Oh well, nothing to do but keep on keeping on. Anyway, a post or two ago I had mentioned a song that I had heard on our classic rock station, something about "junkie man" but the DJ didn't give the song title or artist. Well I got through to the station during their request hour and managed to get the info,
Lynyrd Skynyrd-Junkie. I love this song and actually to me it sounds way more like the band Cream. Listen to that tune because to me it's definitely worth the listen and also one of their best, plus you won't find it on the jukebox of a bar in Anywhere, USA, like you will some of their other tunes. The lyrics are about junkies of course but really they fit well with the alcoholic too. I remember in the rehabs I had the fortune to spend time in that the alcoholics and the heroin addicts tended to get along much better than they did with people who were there for meth, cocaine or crack. Very similar detox process I guess.
The Warden's World A cool news related political/social commentary blog that I stumbled upon, or actually the Warden stumbled upon me. He threw up a comment and so I checked out what had going on. Damn the dude really does his research and even though I don't consider myself a Democrat or a Republican, I'd have to say he paint a really good picture of what's going on. Truth be told I try not to Pay attention to much in the world of politics because it depresses me, but you can't deny the power of the blog, music or otherwise.
Someone had commented a while back about wanting the Long Beach Dub Allstars & Friends CD and even though I asked him to comment again to make sure he was serious and he didn't, I went ahead and uploaded that. Check that original
Long Beach Dub Allstars post.

So after wrtting all that I don't really have much to say as far as information about this one. I got this from my bro Brian who had played in another band with some of the same members that I've already posted,
King Jerk, who are another Humboldt California band worth checking out. There isn't even much out there on the web other than to mention the bands name at sites like
Humboldt Music. I did get the band members who are as follows: Gabe Douge-Guitars, Synth. Travis Dyer-Guitar. Arron Eaton-Bass. John McManus-Vocals. Jed Watts-Drums Vocals. Gabe I mentioned before as having him so some engineering for some of the bands I was in and he was also the main cheese I think behind King Jerk. The only thing that Brian had to add was that Jed Watts apparently now plays in a band called Machete who also feature Roshawn from Sake and
The Hitch. Well AMB are metal but in that different kind of way that only Humboldt produces. Kind of in the same vein as the almighty Grimace that you can find
here (that's an album that you should definately listen to). So not having too much else to say, these guys rock and you should give them a listen.
Tex
Julias Butthole Flies
Neaderthal In Hell
Looter
I'm Alive
Sabbath Song
Marge
Road Hog
HHHEEEHHH!!!
Charlie Horse
Machaka
The Coming Of The Apocalyptic Ending
No comments:
Post a Comment