Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Brain Lung - Brainoil/Iron Lung split 7"

11-09-09_1721I think I wrote too much on the last post because there wasn't a lot of interest or comments. Maybe it's not just quantity but the quality as well. Anyway, that's what I thought would happen, but I did have a couple of questions that went unanswered and I was hoping someone could help me out. Industrial bands, any favorites? The Hospitals, ever heard of them? So with that I'll keep this as brief as possible. One thing you see on the news here and there is the dangers of using the cell phone, especially texting, while driving. Well you know being that, living on the edge, risk taking, punk rock kind of guy that I am, I thought I'd try to get this cell phone shot of a sunset through my rear view mirror at 70 mph hour down the highway. I think it turned out alright.

Picked this promo 7" up on the same record store trip to Salina's House of Sight and Sound I mentioned before, for 51 cents.  Never heard of these guys before, even though I kind of knew what to expect, neu-punk (pop), but they do a cover of "Minor Threat", so what the hell. Didn't really capture me at all, kinda reminded me of a lot of stuff that's watered down, commercial and surviving on the charred remains of punk. Just my opinion of course, you check it.

Re-Education (Through Labor) Minor Threat

Iron Lung is the main course to any meal. Those guys keep power violence new and fresh in their own terminal patient kind of way. Got this split with Brainoil in the mail recently and was more than pleased with both sides of this bad boy. I had heard the songs on it before from other people's rips, but that doesn't come anywhere close to listening to vinyl spun on your own turntable. Limited to just 300 copies though, so what most people will here is rips. Niether side disappoints with Brainoil playing their heavily Sabbath influenced sludge and Iron Lung breaking it down at a half dozen different speeds. I shared some Iron Lung with you before in the form of the Mechanical Assistance demo</a> and the Iron Lung / Lana Dagales split.  You must listen to this one.

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K50f0nI7btM&w=560&h=315]

buseyFuck! I tried to keep this short but in my excitement with doing this whole site, I have trouble accomplishing that anymore. Oh well, "...if the programs not the one you want, get up and turn off the set..."

No comments:

Post a Comment