Monday, June 7, 2010

I Hate This - Trimming the Fat 7"

My wife Kim decided to make use of our broken down mower (some of us white trash redneck wannabe types move dead equipment/vehicles to a special place on the property, others, such as ourselves, leave them where they die). The "Scarecrow Mower Man", as I call him, had the census lady, that came out the other day, talking to him as she pulled up the driveway thinking he might be able to tell her how many people live here. I know some of you guys do the Youtube thing, but I'm not sure if anyone bothers to pay attention to the comments.  For the most part they strike me as coming from idiotic teenagers with zero life experience, who spend a lot of time telling each other to fuck off and just in general spouting bullshit (ha, ha, I sound like an old fart).  Sometimes it really pisses me off and reminds me that there's a lot of people making my planet crowded.  Other times they're good for a laugh though and if you can't do that every once in a while you may as well end it now.  On this video, we have American Breed doing "Bend Me Shape Me". One of the comments suggests, "they talking about rolling a joint ?? bend me shape me ??" The reply kills me, "EVERYTHING IS ABOUT WEED. EVERYTHING." Reminds me of this Saturday Night Live skit, from the '90s I think, with this hippy/rasta type who has a store and with just about every item in the store, he says, "you can put your weed in there". Anybody do SNL? The 90's was kind of lame for that show.

Another one of my Grandpa's forwarded emails. One of those typical ones that probably has circled the globe more times than Magellan (he actually didn't make it, got speared in the Philippines), but if I've gotten it before I think I ignored it the first time round. Humorous, insightful and stupid all rolled up into one. 1. A day without sunshine is like night. 2. On the other hand, you have different fingers. 3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot. 4. 99 percent of Politicians give the rest a bad name. 5. Remember, half the people you know are below average. 6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest. 7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm. 8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap. 9. Support bacteria. They're the only culture most people have. 10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory. 11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines. 12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments. 13. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand. 14. OK, so what's the speed of dark? 15. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. 16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now. 17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges? 18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines. 19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice? 20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name? 21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, 'What the hell happened?' 22. Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off. 23. Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak. 24. Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

Got this 7", released in 2008, not too long ago, proving that I'm not totally stuck in the past. There really is so much music to be found out there these days it can actually be overwhelming.  I got this in a lot that had one record I wanted, making it a  random score and not something I chose to get.   Just an aside, I got another package today in the mail (not the one this record came in), I had been anxiously expecting a batch of $.50 and $1 records I bought, and I'll be damned if the dude sent me the wrong package.  The one he sent me included Neil Diamond's "Hello Again" and Rick Springfield's "Love Somebody".  I'm proud of my varied taste in music, but damn those are definitely not Mustard Relics.  Like driving an hour to see some bands play and finding out the show's been canceled.  Fucking blue balls.  Anyway, back to the 7" of the moment... I Hate This turned out to be a pleasant (if that's what you would call the sound) surprise.  Seriously hard hitting hardcore bordering on power violence.  Female vocals make it special in a way too.  It's not a sexual thing or anything cheesy like that, it's just a rarity to have a woman singing hardcore.  Of course a female singer doesn't mean it has to be good, but in this case the whole package just works.  Nothing half-assed about this shit, even the lyrics that are sung faster than you can read them, are worthwhile (but I don't have a scanner so you'll have to look them up).  This is a re-release of sorts in that it compiles their tunes from two different split 7"s they did with other bands.  Anyway...blah blah blah...yadda yadda yadda...dig it or don't. Lost Eulogy/Reprieve Sanctuary Thieves IHT/We All Know I Can't Scream Any Louder VHEMT (Voluntary Human Extinction Movement) Beloved

 

As happens sometimes, when I first played this it was at the wrong speed, 33 instead of 45.  Damned if I didn't think they played some fucking good music that way though.  See what you think.

IHT/We All Know (@ 33rpm)

No comments:

Post a Comment