EDIT: This is not the original animated gif that was inserted here, that was lost to the ravages of time, more specifically the switch from my own dot come website to a wordpress...it is what it is. Einstein will have to do...
Tripottaniss...how do you like this one? There are some real masters at creating these GIFs out there, it makes it a real pleasure to steal them and use them for my own purposes (non-profit of course). I have Photoshop, just need to learn how to use it. On a side note, but maybe the most important thing said on this post, gotta thank y'all for all the comments on the last post, I really enjoy the interaction. The final outcome may not be mind blowing, but I put a lot of work into every post so...thanx!

I know I complain about the weather every once in a while round here (small talk, ya know), but bear with me. This morning at 7am I went outside (we don't smoke in the house, people tell me it makes the house smell, I wouldn't know) for my morning ritual of a smoke with a cup of coffee. Noticed that it was pretty damn cold out with a heavy wind, but you know how things are when you just get up (hazy). Apparently it was -10f outside with a wind chill of -30f. I know it's colder in other places in the world, people throughout the history of humankind have had to deal with it and worst of all there's folks that have to go out and work in it. I spent about an hour doing chores and decided that fuckin wind taught me what my limit was.

A whole generation of kids that will not end up learning to play real or even their own music. They need to invent a game where you plug a real guitar into (that could be my million dollar idea).
We talk about movies sometimes around here and wanted to HIGHLY recommend a flick called,
Winter's Bone. Not what I expected or one of the genres my wife and I usually watch, but this one was intense. The roles of men and women, the culture, how people look at the future, the subtle brutality of the characters, the blunt dialog...damn. Must see movie, check that out.
Did Gary Numan's "Cars" a couple of posts back and my buddy Shawn mentioned a cover of the tune, not necessarily as being good, but just that it existed,
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSoKp6dRUH0&w=790&h=593]
Found another cover of sorts, a live version with Mr. Numan on vocals...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qlUFKFHNIU&w=790&h=444]
Nine Inch Nails - Cars (with Gary Numan, London 7.15.09)
It's been a while since we explored this territory, but thought it was about time for some more
Filth. A long while back, we had their first 7"
Live the Chaos and also a track from the There's a Faggot in the Pit comp (along with some tracks I picked up here and there). If you're a fan of Filth do yourself and them a favor and go pick up some of their stuff at
Alternative Tentacles. This 7" has never been repressed and the Filth tracks are what you'd expect from their special brand of abrasiveness. The big surprise on this thing is
Submachine or at least that first shredding track. If you listen to one tune on this post make it "Suicide Drive".
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0oULfzx5pw&w=790&h=593]
I don't know much else, this was released on
CI Records in 1994. That's enough babbling for this post, listen to the music.
Filth
Buttshits
Dear Fuck
Submachine
Suicide Drive
Laughing
Bonus Beer Song (duh)
Couldn't find the split in it's entirety on Fucking YT, but I thought the Filth discography made a nice substitute and some damn good listening...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnFYpFzQ6rk&w=790&h=444]
No comments:
Post a Comment