
Stumbled upon (or however it's done in this new facebook world we're lving in) an old buddy of mine from high school, Luis Moreno. The great
diaspora that occurs after a class graduates, sent him to of all places, New York (not sure if that's where he went right away, but that's where he is now, about as far away form Burbank as you can get and sttill be in the US. The group of guys that Luis hung out with, "the Mad Hatters" were known for their interest in the Beatles, Bruce Springstein and Charles Manson (ever heard Manson's music...interesting, I'll have to post a 7" I have). Anyway Luis has continued his musical endeavors and just released a CD of his own music. You can give some short samples a listen and pick that up at his
CD Baby page. Really cool singer/songwriter type stuff, the kind that is very easy to sit back and groove to. Luis is such a down to earth a guy and it really is reflected in his music...that laid back emotion. It's cool to see these creative guys doing their thing and spreading the joy so to speak. Kinda jealous of all the imaginative people that I grew up with putting themselves out there. Anyway, like I said, there's short samples of all the tunes at the CD Baby site and also you can pick up a copy from there too. Here's an example of one of those samples...
Thought of You
No comments:
Post a Comment