
Something cute this time, they don't always have to be foul or gruesome. This guy kinds looks like me when I was younger and a 100+ pounds lighter. Had an all white cat like this one towards the end of my life as drunk. I let it outside one day and it just never came home. Another reason to get drunk I suppose, although the sun or moon shining was a good enough reason. Never understood why people (guys mostly) don't like cats. Yes, different from dogs, but enjoyable in different ways. In a lot of cases it's a macho thing, the same type of guys who have lifted trucks and lots of guns. I have a truck and guns (standard issue here in the bible belt), but I like kitties...and small yappy dogs too.
Still on this Industrial music kick, probably have listened to a 100 bands I hadn't heard of before. So much of it pushes the boundaries of what industrial is/was. The one I keep going back to is
Esplendor Geometrico...true, early pioneers of Industrial music in it's purest form. I picked up their
1980-1981 Prehistoric Sounds 3x7" +CD box set recently with their earliest stuff. They released a ton of shit and a lot of it can be listened to/bought at their
Bandcamp. Here's the first track off their 1981 "EG-1" cassette...
ESPLENDOR GEOMETRICO - Muerte a escala industrial




Time for the post-punk-math-rock-stoner-asoraus that is
Hex Machine, who are self described as "a heavy rock band from Richmond, VA formed in 2004 or 1995 depending on who you ask." I got this 2006 release, their first vinyl, a few years ago, for dirt cheap, because I'd heard they had
Dave Witte (of Discordance Axis, Melt Banana, et. al.) on drums. Turns out they have another Mustard Relics alumni in the form of ex-Human Thurma bassist Trevor Thomas, on guitar and vocals. Am-Rep-y and Touch & Go-ish (a common way to describe several bands I have posted) is how I've seen them described. One press release I read for their newest album
here stated, "Hex Machine has soldiered on in feigned attempts to contain its angular raging bull on acid approach to the stage with the likes of the Jesus Lizard, Clutch, Harvey Milk, Converge, and Lamb of God." Lamb of God? You know I've never listened to that them...hmmm. "Noise rock" seems to come up too, but that doesn't mean a whole lot to me. Noisey? I guess if you mean that they pack a hell of a lot of music into each tune. There is kind of a dirty feel to them or maybe muddy is a better term. Snotty too, almost taunting, daring you to guess what's around the bend on the next tune. There's a good biography type page at a place called
Sonic Bids and they're well represented on the net with a
Facebook,
Last.fm,
MySpace,
Bandcamp,
Big Cartel,
Reverb Nation, and a
Blogspot. All in all, worth a listen...
Blueprint To Madness
On Tender Ice
Their newest tune off their 2012 release "Fixator" at Bandcamp...
http://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/v=2/track=2493836224/size=venti/bgcol=FFFFFF/linkcol=4285BB/
Some live stuff...
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhMUYi6GAgM&w=420&h=315]
No comments:
Post a Comment