Sunday, December 8, 2013

No Comment - Live On KXLU 1992 7"

NC-1992For the most part, I get my records used from places like Ebay and Discogs, that's just the nature of the music I listen to, old stuff. With this review thing I've been doing lately, I am getting exposed to brand new releases, so there is at least the bare minimum of effort to keep up with the times, instead of just living in the past. One long time source of new music (which of course is now old music) has been my old friend Bob of Lack Of Interest / Deep Six Records, (he and I went to junior high together).  Bob and another school chum, Ron (RIP) have been my source for extreme music since the mid 80s.  I get updates from Deep Six Records by email on their new releases, so imagine my delight when I heard about this No Comment 7".  Old music on a new record, perfect for me and sure as shit, this thing is a rager.  I've got several No Comment records and they've never let me down, this is no exception.  I just love live radio recordings, they never fail (my own band's demo was from a live radio show).  When I got this Bob told me that he really liked the snare sound and I agree 100%, but really the whole mix is just epic.  The entire band is oozing with energy, playing like this is their last time.  This is like some long lost treasure that has finally seen the light of day and it's even better than imagined. legendary.  And Bob & company really outdid themselves with the packaging on this thing.  It's a beautiful colored disc but that's just standard fair these days and the tip of the iceberg here.  The sleeve is incredible, with great choices in pics (as you see on the front cover up top there), flyers, band photos, lyrics, the sleeve folds out into a 6x poster with a significantly gruesome picture suitable for a place on any hardcore punk wall.  This killer record is available from Deep Six Records for $8 PPD, if you dig No Comment or this kind of tune-age, it's a must have... [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ0Ct-Hgjm4]

No comments:

Post a Comment