Happy New Year imaginary audience. I can remember some really bad years, so even though this year wasn't particularly mind blowing, I am grateful. I don't put forth a lot of effort in life and am satisfied with pretty much taking what I can get. Shit happens sometimes that is out of our control, but I've found that the quality of life that you have is for the most part in your hands (short of being born into some crappy situation in life). This place is as good as it gets for me other than being happy for the family and friends around me. In 2014 I did manage to discover a few electronica related blogs that are worth of mention. I highly recommend you check out Electro Body Music and very much recommend Gorish. Other than that I suppose, a tall glass of sparkling soda and a wide cup of coffee to you all in 2015.
Can't believe I've never posted any Joy Division, perfect for those moments of apathy and self-loathing. My buddy Dougie Grime turned me onto them in 1987, at the time he said that I looked like the singer. I really felt these guys back then wallowing in my own teenaged depression and nothing goes better with a dark mood than dark music. The epitome of post=punk and perhaps the first coldwave band??? If you don't know this band, then you should and this is a perfect place to start. Written on the jacket is, "unobtainable session tracks and live recordings" and I couldn't agree more. The candle was burning at both ends for singer Ian Curtis, who of course hung himself in 1980, live fast die young baby. Crank this puppy up, grab your favorite razor blade and start cutting designs into your flesh, live it up a little bit...
Colony (Bbc Maida Vale Studios London 26.09.79)
Komakino (Britannia Row Studios London 18.-30.03.80)
As You Said (Incubation 2) (Britannia Row Studios London 18.-30.03.80)
Shadowplay (Arrow Studios Manchester 03.-04.05.78)
Interzone (Arrow Studios Manchester 03.-04.05.78)
The Drawback (Arrow Studios Manchester 03.-04.05.78)
Atmosphere (Cargo Studios Rochdale 10.-11.79)
Dead Souls (Cargo Studios Rochdale 10.-11.79)
Insight (Eden Studios London 04.03.79)
Glass (Eden Studios London 04.03.79)
Ice Age (Eden Studios London 04.03.79)
She's Lost Control (Strawberry Studios Stockport 03.80)
Ceremony (Tj Davidson's Rehearsal Studios Manchester 28.04.80)
In A Lonely Place (Tj Davidson's Rehearsal Studios Manchester 28.04.80)
Candidate (Pennine Sound Studios Oldham 04.06.79)
The Only Mistake (Pennine Sound Studios Oldham 04.06.79)
Chance (Atmosphere) (Pennine Sound Studios Oldham 04.06.79)
Autosuggestion (Live In London 02.08.79)
I Remember Nothing (Live In Bournemouth 02.11.79)
Atrocity Exhibition (Live In Manchester 13.07.79, Wrong Date On Cover)
EDIT: The links are long gone, thanx to the copyright wars (I might be persuaded to upload to YT if asked). Here's a cool live set...
[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnchmyoAm2E]
No comments:
Post a Comment